Just rewatched Sundown (Sayid one) with new eyes. I concluded:
1) Sayid made his own hell while in ‘limbo’. As his brother’s wife, Nadia was always so near but yet so far.
2) MIB ‘healed’ Sayid. He was dead for hrs. The temple people didn’t bring him back. MIB wanted him as the man inside, and the one they would send as he couldn’t be killed by MIB. MIB sent in Claire knowing Sayid was alive and would be sent out to ‘kill’ him … a task that would fail for Dogan – but be a big win for MIB as he got his minion.
3) They made up the ‘extra’ people ‘cuz Keamy couldn’t have really wanted that. (Curious how that applies to Rousseau/Ben – did they always have the secret hots for one another? Also, think Mrs. H interacted w/Des in 80s as a ‘ghost’ AND perhaps Des was limbo-dead from when he blew his clothes off … )
4) When Sayid said ‘all I ever wanted died in my arms’ he was talking about Shannon and not Nadia – but the writers did their clever misdirection by showing Nadia in the episode. (Poor Nadia, wonder how it feels to have your one true love pick someone else to live with throughout eternity.)
5) Smokie’s kinda’ retarded when he’s just Smoke. (Could he have killed Kate had she not hung on the side of the place where it had to put on the lotion?)