Questions for the non-alt’ers out there
I’ve got some questions for the non-alt timeline people, but first I wanted to lay out what evidence I was using to say that an alt timeline is viable.
1. Dan said things are changeable (he has been set up as the time travel expert for a reason)
2. There are two Locke’s (whatever you believe about that, there are two Locke physical bodies) they showed that splitting timelines can make two of something — Chang and his bunnies
3. Things are different on the island since Ajira crashed — Dharmaville is different.
4. The numbers are heard over Ajira’s radio in 2007. — they shouldn’t be playing.
5. The title of episode 1 LAX
6. They haven’t flashed sideways yet, it’s the only way to ‘flash’ differently
7. Eloise Hawking suddenly doesn’t know what happens next, also seems to indicate something is different with the timeline.
So for the non-alt timeline people, I really want to know the answer to some questions that I can answer with an alt timeline from your perspective, based on evidence from the show — everything that happens in season 6 will have already been foreshadowed in some way by now.
1. How are there 2 Locke’s / Locke bodies?
– if he is smokie, how does he stay physical for so long, why is he eating, how does he have a John flashback and how is he on Hydra island with Ben while appearing in DV with Sun and Frank?
– If Locke is MIB shapeshifting (for want of a better word) how does the Jack/Locke storyline get resolved? Why set up this huge competition, angst between them to leave it unresolved?
– If Locke is dead, why did they set him up as a major character only to kill him off in the most undignified, humiliating way?
2. How do the losties get the info they need about the war to be able to actively participate?
3. How do the writers spend 6 episodes resolving the need to get Jack etc… into 2007? (that’s the narrative pattern that they follow)
4. Why have things on the island changed?
I really want answers to this as I myself can’t answer them all without an alt timeline of some sort, I’m really hoping those of you who are adamant there won’t be one can shed some light on why you are thinking like this.