In case you missed these easter eggs
Written 7th April
If you are a hardcore fan then you definitely love easter eggs as much as I do, the last couple of episodes haven’t had that many but this one sure does (and I will omit the glaring fact that desmond isnt wearing a wedding ring, now even though he was in LAX, b/c that is being done to death, but I will say I personally dont think it is a contunity error and leave it at that).
1. The numbers strike again, twice, the flight arrived at 10:42 at gate 8 and the lugguage was on carousel 4 (well if you want to get technical that makes thrice but like whom, only jerks use thrice)
2. Now what I find strange is desmond gets to ponder his reflection in a mirror twice in this epsiode, once at arrival screen and again airport courthouse
3.Widmore had a paining of scale with one black stone and one white stone in his office
4. Also note a the sailboat in Widmore’s office (quick aside isn’t it weird that they killed off Libby like right before Desmond returned, if the actress had decided to stay that reveal would have been AWESOME in my opinion)
5. This is for ADayAFar, I definitely think that they gave Penny the last name of Milton as a shout out to John Milton, the author of Paradise Lost
6. Daniel says he took the physics equations he wrote to a friend who was a math whiz at Cal Tech. In the online experience of Lost, it was revealed that Thomas Mittelwerk, a chief of technology for the Hanso Foundation who overthrew Alvar Hanso to take over the group that helped create the DHARMA Initiative, went to Cal Tech.
7. Daniel thinks HE already denoted a bomb, half right, huh, is that really the cause of the ALT, are they just going to leave it at that? (They better not!!)
8. Widmore’s team planned to test their machine on a bunny rabbit named Angstrom. Bunnies are frequently seen on Lost, and Dr. Marvin Candle used one in his experiments from the DHARMA videos. Also, “Rabbit” Angstrom is the name of the main character in four novels by John Updike: Rabbit, Run, Rabbit Redux, Rabbit Is Rich, Rabbit at Rest.
I could give you a few more obvious ones but I wont bore you to death. So as always a little food for thought.
I have a few more things to note though:
1. How come Daniel gets a happy family and can play his beloved piano (did he finally get to MAKE time for it?) and Penny is the step/half child, Penny was put through hell between having daddy issues and Desmond breaking her heart and all? Daniel unethically experimented on a human (his girlfriend at that, I know, Juilette experimented on her sister but her sister did have cancer and had looked death in the eye). I guess maybe having your parents conspire to knowingly kill you outranks absenteeism and obsessive control issues.