Thoughts on different things!
Ok, so, just watched e12 of s06. Few thoughts’ve crossed my mind.
First of all; the 815’ers flashing back memories in the alternate reality. I would not go as far as calling it imaginary, quite yet, though. Why? Think about it in my way;
– It all starts with the losties crashing in 2004
– They stay on the island for god knows how long (three years, was it?), and then move the island through time. End up in the 70’ies. Some get off the island (Jack, Kate, etc..)
– They live in the 70’ies for three years, and are eventually reunited with Jack, Kate, Sayid and the rest of the losties returning, only to find out the island is moved in time.
– Then, Faraday finds out he wants to eliminate the plane ever crashing in 2004, by detonating a highly radioactive hydrogenbomb over the electromagnetic pocket. He succeeds. What happens?
1) They are thrown back to the correct year, on the island, beeing 2004/2007 (cant remember)
2) The plane never crashes, therefor creating a separate timeline.
Here’s whats boggeling me, though; it is obvious the losties on the island, and the ones in the separate timeline is entwined, as they have memories of the island. You guys remember course-correcting? The universe correcting when you try to alter what’s allready happened?
WHAT IF! What if the separate timeline is the universe trying to correct the fact that Jack and the others tried to stop the plane from ever crashing? Considering the fact most of Lost is based on true physics, we have to assume detonating an a-bomb over an electromagnetic pocket would make up for a hell-of-a-lot of energy. What if the universe course corrected all this energy in a separate timeline?
Small note to this; talking to my science teacher about this (masters degree in phsyics, with spec. in quantums and radioactivity), he made this example; If you go back in time, and kill Hitler, the timeline will split, and the people here in 2010 would not see anything of it. Why is that? What has happened, has happened.
I’m not willing to forget that sentance, just because they blew up an a-bomb, and are flashing “sideways”.
This is from an old theory of mine, where I suspected Locke had to be reborn.
To take it all further, I think I have a possible explenation on why Locke’s got to bring them back.
This is what Jesus said to Nicodemus to convince him of his holiness:
Jesus’ miracles have convinced Nicodemus that Jesus is sent from God.
In reply, Jesus declares, “I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again”
Someone clearly has to reborn to unveil the mystery, and I’m guessing its Locke!
It’s fun to be right! 😀