What About Me? What About You?
Cuz you’re restless again,
and you want it to end
but I can’t let you leave,
cuz you promised to me
and you’d do what I say,
and you said that you’d stay…
You said that you’d stay
And what about me?
Wise words. Wait, that’s not from Lost’ That’s the Vandals! Ah, forget it.
The Incident. Given two hours to fill they obviously had plenty of time for answers’ and of course new questions.
We finally met Jacob! Not only have we met Jacob but we’ve seen that he’s been out and about off the island’ Apparently that circle of ash has a door and some goof went and left it open. So Jacob has been out and he’s been visiting our friends’
– He met Kate when she was just a kid and kind of gave her the impression that shoplifting is ok. No wonder she grew up to kill so many people. Enabler!
– He also visited Jack and confirmed that he is actually the god of hanging vending machine snacks. We could use that guy in our break room at work. Turns out DB Jack isn’t just his Season Four-Season Five persona. His first DB move was to take credit for the five seconds thing when Kate was stitching him up in the Pilot Episode. Not only did Christian come up with that but Jack decided to be a pissy little brat about it!
– He visited James at his parent’s funeral and kind of let him know that it’s ok to write out a death threat, even though his uncle (I guess) told him that it was wrong.
– He visited Sun and Jin at their wedding and he speaks Korean! Neat!
I think it’s important in some way that Jacob visited some of the Losties BEFORE they came to the island (Kate, Jack and James’ the triangle no less and Sun and Jin) and some after. He visited
– Hurley just before flight 316. He’s responsible for Hugo getting the flight information and the guitar case came from him. We still don’t know what’s in it but I hope we’ll learn that next week’ oh, what? Next year! Damnit!
– He also visited Sayid and didn’t do that guy any favors. He shows up to distract Sayid just long enough so only Nadia gets wacked by that car. Sayid might have seen it coming and saved them both.
I think the most important visit he made though was to John Locke. Is it just me or as Locke dead after he was thrown out of the building? Looked like Jacob brought him back to life. Oh, but just so he could be paralyzed and then get killed by Ben. Ben has devoted his entire adult life to Jacob and the island but he’s done more against him in season five than anyone has through the entire season! He killed his man, Locke then he, uh, well, he killed him. ‘What about me?’. Indeed. Jacob must have known what would happen we he responded with ‘what about you?’, yet he said it anyway. If he’d given an explanation he might not have been killed. He’s got something up his sleeve. Do you think he makes the clothes for the Others? Could that stabbing scene have been more poorly acted? But here’s the thing. Ben was put through so much crap and when his faith was tested he failed. He was deceived. By whom? Well, a deceiver, of course.
I think Christian is aligned against Jacob. He’s with Jacobs other, less personable half (Magnus Hanso anyone? That’s my guess). How about that, huh? They have the same rules! Seems they can’t kill each other just because they pinky swore they wouldn’t’ but there’s a loop hole!
So I guess Ilana and Bram and them really are the good guys’ I got the impression that Jacob really is the good guy here and he did bring Ilana to the island to help him. She may have shown up a bit too late though. What’s in that box? The body of John Locke, of course! What else would be in there? Do you think they brought that box with them? If so then I wonder what was in it before’ And hey, John came to the island in a box, ok’ with handles and everything. Did they really need to take him out and put him in that bigger box just so they could lug him around the island? What lies in the shadow of the statue? Not common sense, that’s for sure.
I had been hoping to see Phil and Sayid die in this episode (well, Jack too but that just wasn’t realistic). Juliet died and I immediately said ‘I hate this effin’ show’. I’m counting Juliet because we actually saw her at her end. I realize it’s pretty much a given that the rest of them died too. I wasn’t sad to see Sayid go (wait, did we actually see him dead?) and Phil’ well, that was just satisfying. The scene where Juliet was going down the hole was just sick (wait, sick means good these days, right? I meant it was healthy. Gruesomely healthy).
And oh so importantly, what of the incident? Well, since we really don’t know exactly what the incident is/was we can’t really tell. Did they prevent it or did they cause it? I’m voting for cause. Why? I think you all know why. It’s in the best interest of all those people Kate would have killed if she’d made it back to LA. I swear that chick just can’t stop killing people!
So the question is who is Jacob? That’s still the question!!!?!?! Well yeah, it is. Fortunately though we have enough information to actually theorize about it! And plenty of time until we get anymore information too’ I’m guessing that Jacob is a god. There’s a new question too… who’s the guy too good to eat Jacob’s fish?
Jacob is responsible for Richards lack of aging. Oh, Richard is the only one, it seems, who has been loyal to Jacob. Huh. He was tricked into helping the Locke the Decepticon and why? JACK’S FAULT AGAIN! Oh, Locke didn’t make his own destiny, did he? It was the Decepticon who did that.
I’m babbling now. What did I miss? What did you guys think of the episode? I look forward to reading all the opinions tomorrow while I’m at work’ for now I’m off to bed.