MIB’s name is : Moses
This theory might be sooo right or sooo ridiculous. I don’t even know what to think about it. Here it is :
– MIB’s name is Moses. When Ben says : He gets straight up here as if he was Moses, John Locke seems to have a special reaction like : Hey, funny how he got it! Also in season 2 episode 10, Claire says to Mr. Eko that her baby’s name’s Aaron and Mr. Eko answers : Ahhh, Moses’ brother. So that could mean MIB is Moses and that he is Aaron’s (Claire’s baby) brother… somehow… maybe not biological… and bible says their father was …. Jacob. Again Jacob is probably not the biological father of Aaron but I think he’s gonna adopt him (WTFFFF?!?). Yes and time-teleport him back to ancient egypt …
– This is completely ridiculous, how can Jacob be the father of MIB, he looks much younger.
– I think that Jacob will create MIB with some prostitute in 2200 A.D. Then Jacob will come back to ancient Egypt through controlled time-travel, and MIB will follow him like in 2245 A.D., and from there they will stop getting older such that Jacob looks younger than MIB but he’s his father.
– That would totally explain why MIB can’t kill Jacob himself.
– How does that explains anything ?
– Well, temporal shifts and time travels are known to create time loops that are impossible to get out of if you’re at the origin of the time loop itself. The island IS in fact able to control who kills who – it often did in order to keep the structure of the universe – Michael trying to commit suicide but not succeeding is a good example. So we’re in front of the same phenomenon here : MIB can’t kill Jacob by himself because Jacob is his father and if he kills him before he sleeps with that prostitute in 2200 A.D., it means that MIB disappears too. This is time-loop 101. For some reason, using another person like Ben is O.K.. That’s how you get out of a time-loop on which your life depends, you need a 3rd element. That’s time-loop 102 I guess.
That’s about it. MIB’s name is Moses. Jacob is his father.