You have no idea what I’ve gone through to be here.
It’s pretty amazing what happened to this site during all those months. When we got out of Season 5, theories were going in all directions. And then the alternative timeline movement started mainly because of the authors humoristic suggestions that Oceanic Airlines had a ‘Perfect Safety Record’. At a certain point during the fall, people who were not believing in the alternative timeline had to start their theories by saying they were sorry for not believing in it. And then during the last weeks, people who do not believe in alternate realities have started talking more and more about it and we can now say that this site is more divided in 2 clear teams than it ever was – we could even say that ‘a war is coming’. If anybody was not convinced that the Lost authors were extremely intelligent, I’d say the division that they’ve created among us is certainly an extremely brilliant move, because the 2 theories that we represent (alternate timeline vs WHH) are also represented by characters in the show. To me it is clear that Jacob = progress = alternate timeline, and that MIB = It always ends the same = WHH. I have already said here that I supported the alternate reality theory as it would be SO MUCH FUNNIER. I mean, when I read about the WHH theories, I can’t help but think that this would be such a sad season 6. One criticism that I would like to make about these theories is that they’re essentially a review of the past events but they don’t propose anything that could happen in season 6.
Since you already know what I think, here are my predictions for next season :
1. Jacob will kill Richard Alpert in the past with a knife in the heart. Richard Alpert’s body will be brought to the temple.
2. A war will happen between people fighting for one of the 2 timelines to ‘win’ (occur).
3. The island is a place where privileged connections can be established between the 2 timelines.
4. Whispers and encounters of dead people are moments where the 2 timelines connect.
5. Mind and body can be separated and can travel independantly through time and timelines – whispers are minds with no body, John Locke’s dead body is a body with no mind (his mind somehow got into FLocke).
6. We will learn about what FLocke has gone through to be here.
7. MIB’s mind is not using John Locke’s body. John Locke’s mind is using MIB’s body in the past (but in John Locke’s future).
8. The smoke monster is a manifestation of the extreme tendancy of the universe to converge to the simplest solution. It thus has a role in the switch that occurs to one of the 2 timelines because these 2 timelines represent 2 equally simple solutions (bomb exploding, bomb not exploding). The losties (and every character in the show) have to work to make one timeline simpler than the other. Events AFTER the bomb exploded are equally good to make the timelines converge and they will send ‘possibility traces’ back to the past and favor the explosion/non-explosion of the bomb. Thus the future can influence the past. Every event between Juliet’s hitting the bomb and somewhere around 2009 when the two timelines converge can play a role in making its timeline the simplest solution.
9. People that we’ve already seen on the show are on the Black Rock.
10. Desmond’s entering in the jewelry store and not leaving without first being convinced by Eloise was an occurence of progress. Thus Eloise is WHH, Jacob is progress, and Desmond’s choices can make everything switch from one timeline to the other.
Since we’ve all been waiting for this season to begin, and for most of us the waiting has been extremely painful, I guess that when we will sit in front of our TV on February 2nd, we can all say to ABC : ‘You have no idea, what I’ve gone through, to be here.’.