Some interesting yet conflicting details
Being the obsessive little person I am, the post on what Dharmaville (DV) looks like in 2007 got me back looking at past episodes with DV in them. There are some really interesting things to note that have me a bit stumped.
1. The room that Frank and Sun go into first, where Christian shows them the picture, is the same room as the one where Kate is held prisoner, and where the 1977 Losties get their jumpsuits (doors, windows and light switches in same places). Yet, in 2004 there is no inoculations sign or Dharma pictures on the wall, but they are back in 2007.
2. There is a really obvious shot of a Dharma logo on one of the doors when Frank and Sun walk past in 2007, yet in all the footage of DV while the others are there — no logos.
3. When Ben and Locke go into Ben’s house in 2007, there is no furniture all over the place- when they left it in 2004 there was stuff everywhere from barricading the windows and doors.
4. The Risk board — being used to say that DV is how they left it in 2004 BUT, the 2004 game had 2 red mugs, a glass of orange juice, 1 red plate and the die were on the board. In 2007 there were 2 red plates, 1 red cup and the die were off the board. Yes I know it may just be a set dressing issue, but they made a really obvious point of showing a perfectly framed shot of the board and table — if they were doing that to show how things were the same, wouldn’t they have made an effort to get it right. Or was it there to trick us into just accepting it was the same?
Here is my big problem
5. Ben’s house in 2007 was decorated the same as Ben’s house in 2004, Alex’s room in 2007 seemed like it was for a 16yr old girl (I can’t recall whether we have seen her room 2004 ish).
It doesn’t make sense to me that most of DV is how it was in the 70s with the DI, yet Ben’s house seems to be Ben’s house but NOT the same as when they left it in 2004.